Migrate DB is a good tool, even in its free version. You can follow these steps:
- create a database in remote and import there the local wordpress database, changing some data with Migrate DB (tipically you have to convert the local server path
//your-remote-path/wordpress, and the local absolute path (such as
/mnt/your-PC-path/wordpress) to the remote absolute path (such as
- upload the local wordpress folder to your remote website, via FTP;
- change in the uploaded folder the wp-config.php file, according to the db user, db name and db server of the remote wordpres database;
- go to the remote wordpress, login (user and password are identical to the your local wordpress ones), and go to Migrate DB -> settings, and there -> generate/reset API key, copy the 32 char key and paste it in the local Migrate DB push box.
- So your connection should work, syncing the remote database with the local one.
A problem could arise using Wordfence Security: to update with MigrateDB, you could have to disable temporarliy Wordfence.